Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm bored!


This has been a pretty boring week. Because I'm due for some time off starting Thurs., all I've been getting for loads are Edmonton - Lethbridge, Lethbridge - Edmonton, Edmonton - Lethbridge, Lethbridge - Calgary - Edmonton, - you get the picture. I surely couldn't handle this on a regular basis. These local guys must be on something to keep them going.

Whatever, I'm on my way to Edmonton, but was a bit tired tonight so I pulled into a rest area about an hour south of the city and made some supper. Wow, smokies with salsa, onion, green pepper, all covered with grated cheese in a flatbread. And it was pretty good. You'd probably pay about $4 from a catering truck.

By the way, the picture top right is a leaf in a tall tree in my cousin's yard in Ft. Wayne, IN. I don't know what kind of tree, but the leaf stood out so boldly in the sunshine, I zoomed in and caught it's magnificence. The tree is at least 50 - 60 ft. tall. Not bad for a little camera and an amateur, eh?


Just a sunset in Saskatchewan from the last trip










This is the start of the Grand Canyon just as you get in to Arizona from Utah. It's actually called the Glen Canyon at this point and the Grand Canyon is farther down. Trucks can't actually get too close, but someday I'm taking a different highway that follows along the edge of the GC for several miles.






Just one more, please. Here 's one looking over the edge from the bridge.
The boats on the river are about 20' long but look like white dots from this height.
It even made me feel uneasy looking down even though I was behind a chain link fence. There are little portholes in the fence to take pictures thru, but even then the height is dizzying.

Well, that's all for tonight. I'd better get some sleep and finish getting to Edmonton in the morning.

Sandy stayed at her Mom's on Sunday, but I had a few more days to put in. It doesn't seem right not to have her along, anymore. Guess my driftin' days are over. And I really don't care how often I get to Edmonton, anymore. There are still a few business details to finish off, and after that, we'll probably spend time off in other places along the way. Sure feels weird to be going to Edmonton, and not being able to say going "home".

No comments: